The Companion Diocese, the Central Buganda Diocese, and the Diocese of Rupert’s Land first entered into a Convenant on January 1, 1997 which has been renewed every 5 years – the current Covenant signed on January 21, 2017. While there is evidence that there has been a relationship between Rupert’s Land and Uganda beginning in the early 1900’s, this relationship was developed after Bishop Patrick Lee and Mary spent five years living and working in Uganda. Central Buganda Diocese is primarily rural and is located west of the capital city of Kampala, Uganda, East Africa.
The Companion Parish of St. Thomas is called St. John’s Mabuye/Katende Parish located in the Diocese of Central Buganda. Their congregation consists of approximately 300 people and 50 children taking part in Sunday School.
Fundraising efforts are ongoing to raise money for the Kasaka Water Project. Currently they are experiencing a longer and drier, dry season and the wet season is unpredictable. This Water Project will grow gardens with Cabbages, Passion Fruit and much more to provide the people of this Parish a healthier way of life. Donations can be made to the Diocese of Rupert;’s Land.